Thursday, March 1, 2012

A New Hobby?


Okay, so, it's not really a new hobby, since I've been a doll collector for years. Ever since my step-mom gave me the first "Happy Holiday Barbie" I've been a fan of collectible dolls. I used to limit it to Barbies, but then I branched out into other, random dolls. A few years ago, I discovered Jun Planning dolls...Pullips, and the like. I LOVE them. I've got several and I don't think I'll ever get rid of the few that I have left at this time. I've also got a herd of Monster High dolls, some Liv dolls, 12 inch Sideshow figures, and Tonners...plus a few more than I'm probably forgetting.

When I first got involved in Pullips, I never thought I'd spend more than $100 on a doll. Then I ran across pics of Asian Ball-Joint dolls. *drool* OMG, some of them are so gorgeous, but I never thought about getting one. Well, never REALLY thought about it. A couple of weeks ago, I caved and bought a Fairyland Puki Puki...and I'm in love. OMG, she's adorable!


Now, I'm fully-involved in a BJD forum, I'm in the process of paying for my first SD-sized doll, and I have an ever-growing want list. The prospect of customizing them is appealing, though I'm terrified to take a paintbrush to anything, so it'll take a LONG time for that to happen. I'm definitely excited to get my hands on my new boy though, I can't wait to try my hand at re-stringing, wig-changing, and eye-swapping.

Anyway, so, there we go. New hobby! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment